If you are a seller, beware if buyer asks you to send money first. You may be tricked by paying a small amount first and receiving a multiple sum. Eventually, you may end up losing a lot of money!
Here is a scenario of how this may happen:
- Fraudster asks you to send 1 rupee. Little investment, no risk perceived
- Fraudster sends back money after doubling it i.e. 2 rupees. Trust gained
- Fraudster now asks you to send 10 Rupees. Still seems harmless
- Fraudster returns back 20 rupees. More trust gained by fraudster
- After gaining complete, trust the fraud buyer will ask for a bigger amount e.x. 1000 rupee.
- Once received, the fraudster will stop responding. Your money is lost now! Fraud happened.
He will often try to urge you into sending money by making emotional appeal. Please beware & use your judgement not to be deceived into this trap.