Be careful! The fraudster will reach out to you or engage you in a conversation as a buyer and will share a QR code to pay advance/token amount.
Alert: DO NOT SCAN THIS QR CODE as this will result in money getting debited from your account.
Please refer the screenshots below to save yourself from this type of fraud:
- The fraudster will create a QR code with a high amount and will share it with you through WhatsApp, Email or other platforms as shown below:-
- If the user shares the QR code through WhatsApp then the message will look something like this:-
- After sharing the QR code, the user will ask you to select “Scan QR code” option on the app and select QR code from photo gallery
- After scanning the QR code from photo gallery, you will be asked to Proceed with the payment
- After clicking on “Proceed”, you will be asked to Enter your UPI PIN and money will be deducted from your account.
OLX urges you to NEVER scan any QR code or enter UPI PIN to receive payments from other users.