Do not mark your product as sold till payment is received from buyer.
- Meeting face-to-face: Always insist on meeting with the buyer personally and exchanging your item for money. Use a safe location to meet.
- Chat Conversation: For a safer transaction, try using the OLX chat option. Avoid other channels like WhatsApp/Skype/Messengers etc.
- Avoid partial payments: Take the full payment decided mutually at the time of the delivering item to buyer.
- Payment Method: Watch out for fake currency & payment link scams. Banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Buyer’s Personal Information: Verify the buyer’s details if there is a bulk order request such as photo ID and proof of address.
- Realistic product description: Ensure your item meets the features you list in your ad to avoid misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Personal information: Don’t share any private details or financial information except the one necessary. We advise that sensitive information such as (IMEI no.) or (PCBA no.), should not be disclosed to any user.
- Suspicious Chats: Being careful on the platform ensures you have a good and genuine experience. Be cautious of users using guile messages to trap you.
They will try to persuade you to contact them outside OLX chat by sharing their phone numbers. If you ever find user sharing his phone number in different patterns, beware!
They will mention the phone number in unusual combination such as alpha-numeric, containing unnecessary decimals, special characters and space between numbers.
Fake Loan Service: OLX does not provide or is associated with any kind of loan services. Please don't make any payment in the name of OLX to any loan provider.