The way to buy stuff on OLX has changed quite a bit. Firstly, you will not be able to reach a seller unless you're logged into OLX. Everyone must have a profile for security.
Once, done contacting a seller is super easy!
Once logged in, you can scroll through ads to your heart's content. If there's anything that tickles your fancy, you can start a Chat or Make an offer right on the ad.
- You will see the Request seller phone number button/call icon inside the Chat window
- When a you tap on this new button/icon inside the Chat window, it will show a form to you with prefilled data from your profile. The form contains the name and phone number fields which are always editable.
- If phone number is not verified, you need to fill the form and OTP verification has to be done.
- Then a request will be sent to the Seller to provide a consent to share his/her phone number which is available in the seller profile
- Until the non verified business seller responds to the request and if you tap the button/icon again in the chat window, you will be shown a message which states that Request is pending with seller.
- If the non verified business seller rejects the request and if you tap the button/icon again in the chat window, you will be shown a message which states that Request is rejected by the seller. A message in the chat window will also be shown which states that Request is rejected by the seller.
- If the non verified business seller accepts the request and if you tap on the button/icon again in the chat window, you will be able to call the seller directly. A message in the chat window will also be shown which contains the seller phone number.
Note: If you are contacting a Job provider, the same steps are to be followed. However, instead of 'Make an offer', only the 'Chat' option is available. Upon tapping on the Chat option the steps to request phone number are same.
Why send a message through OLX.in?
Because it is the surest, recommended source of contact.
Remember! The Seller can always block your messages, so the lack of response to your request is the result of a decision of the Seller, not a system error.