As a seller, you should be extra careful while receiving any payment through bank-affiliated wallets. Instead of receiving the payment, you might, unfortunately, give away your money.
- If you receive a SMS requesting you to send money, DO NOT proceed
- If buyer insists you to fill PIN no, stop interacting with the buyer
- Do not EVER enter your PIN
- Do not enter PIN: If you receive any request to enter PIN no, it is a scam. Receiving money requires no PIN
- Payment SMS: If you receive a message stating money will be deducted or debited, BEWARE! You should always receive a message stating money will be credited if you are expecting payment.
- Watch out for words like Send, Requested by, Pay, etc. They all indicate that money is about to be debited from your account.
Note: Kindly avoid use of unknown or unsafe modes for money transaction(s) (such as khatabook) other than reliable payment methods. Your crucial monetary data & personal details can be at risk by using such apps or links.