To use OLX, selecting location is essential. Location permission is required so as to quickly sync your OLX App favourably on our platform. Picking a location
- helps you easily discover ads from locations near you
- lets your ad(s) get discovered by buyers near you
Location selection can be done either automatically or manually.
- Automatic: OLX can automatically detect the location for your app. You are required to turn the location services ‘On’ for auto-detection.
- Manual: You can manually select your location.
Manual Location Selection
Step 1 (a) - Type the location manually (Ex: Gurgaon). If you manually type a location, related results will populate (Ex: Selecting DLF will give matching location results to choose from).
Note: You are required to type minimum two characters of area, locality or city for location suggestions.
Automatic Location Detection
Step 1 (b) - If you choose the automatic option, relevant results will auto-populate.
Once you select your location, manually or automatically, your location will be displayed here.
A selected location can also be modified using filters. It allows you to search in a specific location that you wish to.
1. At the top, under "All Categories" click the location drop-down
2. Tap on "edit" icon at top right
3. Enter the desired locality as mentioned in "Step 1 (a)"