Watch out for:
- Physical Appearance: Check out for any breakage, keypad damage, touch screen condition, resolution etc. Examine the ports & battery. Do check for any liquid damage as it can cause formation of rust.
- Price Estimate: Compare with similar brands and models. Accordingly negotiate price with the seller. Double check cheap offers for fake or stolen items.
- Accessories: Are you being provided all the accessories. If not, find out what it would cost you and accordingly negotiate your price. Examine all the included accessories are working fine.
- Documents: Ensure you receive the necessary documents. Ask the seller for the IMEI or MEID. A simple online search yields several good resources for help.
- Replicas/Clones: Be careful of replicas/clones. Insist on phone warranty & necessary documents. Replicas unmistakably look the same, so inspect very carefully.
- Verification: You may request for an identity proof copy of the seller & it could be vice-versa. Make sure, you're not buying a stolen device. As per mutual agreement, seller-buyer can document their deal as appropriate.
Important: Ensure to switch-on and if required, use your sim card to test the phone is functioning.
For sellers, remove all personal data from mobile set before selling to a buyer.